15 Different Types Of Bras Every Woman Must Own
“Treat your bras like you’d want a partner to handle your breasts: with kindness and a gentle touch.”
You don’t have to believe me because I’m not the one saying it.
The author of ‘The Breast Life’; Elisabeth Dale is the one saying it and I’m sure you trust the opinion of an expert when it comes to choosing the right bras, right?
Of course, you do.
I believe brevity is the soul of lingerie, which is why the more minimal it is, the sexier it becomes.
But, I also agree that lingerie is not about showing how sexy you are. It’s also about your comfort, size, type, lifestyle, the dresses you wear, etc.
Keeping all these things in mind, I’d like to start our discussion today on the various types of bras that should adorn the closet of all you beautiful ladies out there.
So, without further ado, let’s start…
Table Of Content
- 1 15 Different Types Of Bras Every Woman Must Own
- 1.1 1: Padded Bras
- 1.2 2: Plunge Bra
- 1.3 3: Push Up Bras
- 1.4 4: Lace Bra
- 1.5 5: T-Shirt Bra
- 1.6 6: Sports Bra
- 1.7 7: Bralette
- 1.8 8: Strapless Bra
- 1.9 9: Balconette Bra
- 1.10 10: Cage Bra
- 1.11 11: Halter Neck Bra
- 1.12 12: Racerback Bra
- 1.13 13: Demi Bras
- 1.14 14: Sticky Bras
- 1.15 15: Maternity Bra
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- 3 Show It Off!
15 Different Types Of Bras Every Woman Must Own
Before we open our discussion on what are the types of bras that should decorate your closet, remember one thing: You Only Look Sensual When You Dress To Be Overwhelmingly Desired And Not Rationally Considered.
If you agree with me, I can help you choose the best types of bras there are.
1: Padded Bras
Yes, if you have a padded bra in your closet, you can practically wear any type of dress you want.
Especially girls with small boobs memorize this bra name from their heart because it is here to give you the sex appeal you’ve been longing for.
Pardon me if I’m sounding too objective but if you are surfing the list of bra types, I assume, you are here to work on your personality a bit more than you are already working on.
Once you start investing in sexy lingerie, it increases your self-worth
Padded bras are the way to go there.
Why Should You Have Padded Bras?
- They add volume to your breasts.
- They can give your breasts a little push.
- They look great with everyday outfits.
- They can hide your visible nipples no matter how see-through your top is.
- If you have a bra padded, make sure it is hand-washed and not machine-washed because the twisting and spinning of the machine will be too much to handle for your extra padded bra.
- Also, wash it after wearing it 2-3 times or once in 1-2 weeks if you don’t wear it every day.
2: Plunge Bra
You may ask, ‘what is a plunge bra?’
Well, it is one of those types of bras that come with a deep neckline that goes to the center of the gore and covers 1/3rd of your breasts.
People say with the right lingerie, you don’t need clothes.
I think a plunge bra is one of those bra styles that do more than half the job a revealing dress does.
If your partner gets to see you in a plunge bra on your date night, trust me, it will be a night to remember, and he won’t be able to keep his hands off of you.
Why Should You Have Plunge Bras?
- A deep V bra provides you with demi-coverage.
- It creates an illusion of bigger breasts, which I think all of us want.
- The cups are cut away on the sides, which means there will be no embarrassing bra peeks.
- I recommend you wash your deep plunge bra in mild soap and water after you wear them each time.
- You can wash your low plunge bra in the washing machine too. Just set it to the delicate mode, and put your mesh bag in the water while washing.
3: Push Up Bras
Come on, don’t you just love those Victoria’s Secret push-up bras?
I do, and I am not shying away from admitting it because once you wear it, you look no less than an angel such as Adriana Lima!!!
She is the sexiest bra model I’ve ever come across and I adore her.
Hence, as she says ‘Lingerie is one of the most important pieces of your wardrobe, I think you must have these bra styles to take any regular outfit to the next level.
Why Should You Have Push Up Bras?
- A push up lingerie comes with foam or silicone gel to lift the breast tissue from the inside.
- A lacy push up bra enhances your curves whether you wear it with a revealing neckline or a high-neck top.
- It can make you look good and help you ooze out confidence as you walk.
- Fasten the hooks of your bra and put them in the mesh water bag.
- Now, run it in cold water as you dip the bag in your washing machine.
- If you plan to hand-wash it, make sure you use cold water and don’t keep the bra underwater for too long.
You may like to read: The Best Tank Tops for Women
4: Lace Bra
Christian Dior once said ‘Real elegance is everywhere-especially in the things that don’t show.’
If we are to abide by the advice of the world’s most renowned fashionista, I think, lace bra is one bra name you should lock in your minds and your hearts.
You can have as many types of bras as you want, but a lace bra is irreplaceable.
It is pretty perfect for regular wear but it shines the most when you wear it in your bedroom.
Laced bras can accentuate your personality graciously and channel your inner diva in full swing so that you get a honeymoon vibe every night.
Why Should You Have Lace Bras?
- The lace bra is perfect for special occasions like a date night, honeymoon, or an anniversary.
- It comes in full-coverage demi cups and push-up style options.
- It is one of those bra types that won’t embarrass you even if it peeks from under your dress.
- Your cute lace bras will only stay that way if you wash them in cold water, pat them, and hang them outside to dry.
- Don’t kill your lingerie by putting it in hot water because the silhouette of the lace bra won’t be able to bear the heat.
5: T-Shirt Bra
Lingerie is the maximum expression of a woman’s femininity and among the different styles of bras, I think the T-shirt bra does deserve a spot here.
Most t-shirt bras have moduled cups and they give your outfit a seamless coverage like no other.
If you are not that into sensual lingerie, a wireless t-shirt bra is a way to go.
College students, teens, and regular office goers often prefer these types of bras as their got- attires because they don’t magnify their boobs so much.
Why Should You Have T-Shirt Bras?
- The best t-shirt bras have double layers on the cups ensuring seamless coverage.
- Body-hugging outfits can be worn at their best with t shirt bras.
- They look not too fancy and their comfy grip can make you move as you want without fearing any bra malfunctions.
- Fill your sink with warm water and some mild detergent.
- Now, swish your hand inside the bucket and mix the two.
- Put your bra inside and rub it well. It will ensure the color stays on fleek and you can wear the bra the next day.
6: Sports Bra
Frankly speaking, when it comes to lingerie, I know what I am doing and when I say sports bras for women are a must-have, trust me, it is.
I understand if you are not an athlete or a fitness freak, but don’t you go around the block for a run sometimes, or for cycling in the park?
You do, right?
A sports bra is for those occasions because it will give your breasts minimal bounce. Women’s sports bra tops are also getting pretty popular these days because you can just wear them with jeans and go out for a brunch date!!!
Why Should You Have Sports Bras?
- A padded sports bra is engineered to prevent bounce during strenuous workout sessions.
- Supportive sports bras alleviate discomfort no matter where you are going.
- There are different types available for women with varied preferences.
- If you love your most comfortable sports bra, never put it into the washing machine.
- Opt for a mild soap instead of a laundry detergent and hand wash the bra set with utmost care to make it last longer.
You can never get tired of splurging on too many bralettes because they are, mmmm what do we call it…. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
I think if you want your man to be the center of the attention at a party, wear a bralette with a blazer, put on some red lipstick, and vibe it with those old-school stilettos and Bang!
You’ve done it.
No matter which types of bras you have in your closet, you must start collecting bralettes now because I think they are the perfect and sexiest alternatives to crop tops.
Why Should You Have Bralettes?
- The best bralettes are treated as fashionable outerwear because they lie somewhere in the middle of crop tops and bra styles.
- A supportive bralette looks gorgeous with its astounding lacy edges and loosely-fitted cups.
- Cute bralettes are designed with minimal construction so that you can slip them anytime, anywhere.
- If you want to machine-wash your bralette top, I’d say cold water is the way to go, and if not, it’s better to hand wash them.
- Even if you don’t wear them daily, it’s better to wash them after you wear them 2-3 times to keep the lacy fabric on point.
8: Strapless Bra
A strapless bra is as mysterious as a dense forest because you can’t see what’s there but you know something is waiting for you.
Hence, comes the sexual innovations of strapless bras.
If you have the best strapless bra, you won’t even feel like you are wearing something underneath because it is that comfortable.
Since we all know real beauty lies underneath, I think a good bandeau bra, or if you call it strapless, will bring out your best version.
Why Should You Have Strapless Bras?
- The inner silicone lining along the edge of the underwired cups provides strapless bras with the best support.
- Strapless push-up bras are treated as stay-at-home bras because of their comfort.
- A good strapless bra comes with detachable bra straps so that you can have the option of putting them on if you want.
- I’d suggest you wash your strapless bras after each use with tap water and mild soap.
- Hold the bra under running water, and use your palms to clean the cups in a circular motion.
- Don’t use alcohol, bleach, or other laundry detergents.
9: Balconette Bra
Not everyone will see your sexy lingerie but trust me, girl, they feel it.
Since we are talking about making men feel sexy about what we wear underneath, a balconette bra has to be on the list.
A lightly lined balconette bra can go best with your wide neck blouse because you can show off your decolletage.
Now, you may not believe it but it turns on every guy on the planet because these are the types of bras they dream of even if they are fantasies!
So, go on, and grab a pair.
Why Should You Have Balconette Bras?
- Wireless balconette bras can stay hidden no matter how wide your dress’s neckline is.
- A lace balconette bra can be worn regularly without a care in the world.
- The cups give you a horizontal neckline to accentuate your collar bones.
- Choose a gentle cycle in the washing machine and wash your unlined balconette bra delicately.
- Always use cold water to wash this piece of garment.
10: Cage Bra
I love cage bras and I don’t get it if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
Fair question, right?
Well, a strappy cage bra can accentuate your backless top so much that you can turn heads wherever you go.
The best part is that you don’t even have to wear a revealing cocktail dress to show off these types of bras. You can wear them with your regular tops too because when you will be changing in the locker room, all the other girls will talk behind your back 😉😉😉
Why Should You Have Cage Bras?
- The bra cups types in a caged bra top are as good as a t-shirt bra and work as fine as a sports bra.
- It is perfect for low-cut and sheer outfits because it is both supportive and sexy.
- Like a bralette, it looks good as innerwear and outerwear.
- If you want to get the sweats and smells off of your cage bra, hand-wash it regularly.
- Dab your bra with a mild detergent, and rub it gently to take the stains off.
11: Halter Neck Bra
They say with the right lingerie, you don’t need clothes and I completely agree with them.
I know you can wear a strapless bra with backless dresses but, this one is sexier.
It can give your look that extra oomph you’ve always wanted.
Why Should You Have Halter Neck Bras?
- These types of bras give your boobs extra support because the straps are tied across your back.
- You can even eliminate the straps from the back and have them go around your neck if you want.
- It’s better to detach the straps first and wash the bra in mild tap water.
- If the straps are not detachable, make sure you give them extra care while washing.
12: Racerback Bra
I believe, given the right lighting, everyone shines.
Hence, if you are a tomboy and want to go out with that grunge look, a racerback bra is your best friend.
I’ve often heard women complaining about how bra straps keep on falling from their shoulders and I have only one thing to tell them: Racerback Bra.
The tank top-like back is one catchy thing about this top, which helps it to outshine others.
Why Should You Have Racerback Bras?
- A racerback bra prevents strap slippages.
- These kinds of bras feel comfortable on the back and the shoulder.
- Use a detergent designed for performance fabrics to wash this bra.
- Rinse the detergent thoroughly and hang the bra to dry.
- Don’t put it in the dryer because that heat would be too much for it to handle.
13: Demi Bras
Sometimes my underwear dictates my mood for the day and there are days when I feel like showing off my demi bra to the world.
So, I wear it, pair it with nice shorts, take a snap, and show some self-love!!!
A demi cup bra looks best on smaller breasts so all my girls with small boobs, you can cheer up now.
But, one thing is there, demi bras won’t give you full coverage so you might want to wear them at your own risk if you have a big bosom.
Why Should You Have Demi Bras?
- These modern types of bras look great with low-cut outfits.
- You can get the heart-shaped cleavage that you’ve always wanted with these types of bras.
- Fill your bucket with lukewarm water and a little amount of detergent to wash this bra.
- It’s better to avoid any bleach, fabric softener, or wool detergent as it will spoil the elastic of the straps.
14: Sticky Bras
Sticky bras are the new rave in the lingerie sector and everyone from models to regular women, from influencers to fashionistas are wearing these types of bras.
It is a different type of bra than others because it comes with an adhesive.
If lingerie is supposed to be that inner, secret glamour, I think, a sticky bra will stay true to its reputation.
You can wear it with backless dresses without showing anything but your bosom will still get a push. Isn’t that amazing???
Why Should You Have Sticky Bras?
- You can wear this invisible bra with anything because there are no straps visible on the back, or shoulder.
- The best sticky bras give your boobs a proper lift so that you get the cleavage shape you want.
- It’s better to hand-wash your sticky bras else the adhesive will be spoilt.
- Hold it under running water, and wash the cups with your palm.
15: Maternity Bra
Any sufficiently advanced lingerie is indistinguishable from a lethal weapon and a maternity bra is that weapon.
So, ladies, if you have just become a mom, this is the bra you should wear.
Not only is it handy when it comes to feeding your child, but also some men find it extremely sexy because they can take a peek at the good stuff whenever they want.
Therefore, add this bra to your cupboard and be on your merry way!
Why Should You Have Maternity Bras?
- Maternity bras or nursing bras come with easily removable flaps.
- They can be unhooked without much effort.
- The best nursing bras are non-wired and non-padded to give the mother the utmost care.
- Coldwater is always best to wash maternity bras.
- Don’t keep it in the water for too long as that can spoil the fabric and color.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
We have brought a few other questions here for you to take a sneak peek at:
1: Which Types Of Bra Is Best?
Ans: Padded bras are the best because they give your breasts the life you need to have the right-shaped cleavage. They are also good for covering your nipples if you wear a sheer top. They can also give your boobs the extra support to keep them firm and prevent bounce.
2: What Is The Most Popular Type Of Bra?
Ans: T-shirt bras are the most popular type of bra because women of any age can wear them. If you are a young woman going to college, you can wear these types of bras. But, if you are a working mom, going to the office, you can also wear this bra.
3: What Are Good Teenage Bras?
Ans: T-shirt bras are good for teenage girls and if that’s not an option, there are always beginners bras to start with. Racerback bras are also good options for teen girls because they can wear these types of bras as outerwear. They offer good coverage for budding boobs.
Show It Off!
Now that you’ve understood which types of bras you should have in your closet, I think you have a good dynamic of which bra to pair with which outfit.
So, best of luck my dear girls.
It’s time to show them what you’ve got underneath.
But, if you want to get more info on these bras, don’t forget to ping us in the comment section.