What Is The Best Homemade Night Cream For My Skin? (7+ Tips)
It does not matter whether you follow a three-step or twelve-step skincare regime. You need a good night cream that hydrates and nourishes your skin.
Further, you apply the cream just before going to bed. So, it provides your skin with maximum benefits, including a boost in collagen production and fighting signs of aging.
However, if you are not for the night creams available in the market and do not want any chemical product for your skin, you can make your cream easily at home.
Do you want to know how to make your own cream? Here are some ideas for you.
Best Homemade Night Cream For A Healthy Skin
You can make the best creams at home using common ingredients. Did you know that apples and oranges can be your ingredients for making the best night cream?
So, let’s find out how to make the best homemade skincare solutions without much ado!
1. Make An Olive Oil Night Cream
This olive oil night cream is made of olive oil and coconut oil. Olive oil is great for moisturizing your skin, while coconut oil is great for repairing your skin.
How To Make Olive Oil Night Cream?
- Take 200 ml of extra virgin olive oil and mix 30 ml of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of beeswax with it.
- Now, heat the mix in a saucepan and keep stirring until a thick formulation is formed.
- Next, add two vitamin E capsules to the mixture and switch off the stove.
- Once the mixture is cool, you can store the cream in an airtight container. This cream is usable for around two months.
2. Almond Oil And Rosewater Night Cream
Almond oil is beneficial for hydrating and nourishing skin, thanks to the presence of vitamin E. Further, rose water in the mix will keep your skin tender and glowing.
How To Make Almond Oil And Rosewater Night Cream?
- First, mix a teaspoon of frozen coconut oil with 2-3 drops of almond oil.
- Then, add a teaspoon of glycerin and 2-3 drops of rosewater to the mixture.
- Next, apply the cream gently to your neck, hands, and face and massage the cream for around 5-10 minutes.
This cream will improve your complexion.
3. Apple Night Cream
Apples primarily have two benefits for your skin. These fruits are powerhouses of antioxidants. Also, apples have exfoliating properties, thanks to the presence of vitamins A and C.
How To Make The Apple Night Cream?
- First, take two firm apples and chop them into small cubes.
- Now, blend the apple pieces with olive oil (1 teaspoon virgin olive oil) to make a smooth paste.
- Then, add the paste into a saucepan and add around 1 teaspoon of rosewater to it.
- Warm the mixture on the stove for a while to get the cream ready.
Once the cream is ready, you can pour it into an airtight container. Keep the container in the refrigerator and use the cream for a week.
4. Cocoa Butter Night Cream
This cocoa butter night cream is a wonderful fusion of cocoa butter, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. Cocoa butter helps to remove the signs of aging. Coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, on the other hand, add the necessary shine to your skin.
How To Make The Cocoa Butter Night Cream?
- Place a saucepan on a low flame and melt cocoa butter, coconut oil, and olive oil.
- Keep stirring the ingredients to make a good mixture with a creamy texture.
- To get the right consistency of the cream, you will need to use 100 grams of cocoa butter and mix the same with 15ml of coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Aloe Vera And Green Tea Night Cream
When you use aloe vera and green tea in a cream, you have the best solution for rejuvenating your skin.
This cream is ideal to protect your skin from pollution. At the same time, this mixture will offer deep hydration and moisturization.
How To Make Aloe Vera Night Cream?
- Take one tablespoon of green tea extract, one teaspoon of almond oil, rosewater, aloe vera gel, and bee wax. Mix all the ingredients together to make a thick cream.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container. You can use the cream for 7 days.
6. Orange Night Cream
Orange, a seasonal fruit, is beneficial for your skin thanks to its rich antioxidant properties and the presence of vitamin C. It balances the oil and pH factor of your skin.
Most importantly, orange promotes collagen production. As a result, you can have a stronger skin barrier with the vitamin C night cream.
How To Make Orange Cream?
- First, take the peel of two to three oranges and make a paste with them in your blender.
- At this stage, you can also add a few drops of orange oil to the mixture.
- Now, add 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly and 1 teaspoon of glycerin to the paste to make the orange night cream.
- Store the cream in an airtight jar for around two weeks.
7. Avocado Night Cream
Avocado is a magic fruit packed with health benefits. Did you know that including this fruit in your skincare regime can be beneficial, too?
Avocado is a magical moisturizing ingredient in skincare because of its moisturizing properties. Further, it has vitamins A, B, C, and K. It is also rich in potassium and magnesium.
So, the avocado night cream will be your best choice if you want to fight the signs of aging.
How To Make Avocado Night Cream
- Take a ripe avocado and mash it in a bowl.
- Then, add one egg yolk to the mix.
- To make the mixture more beneficial for your skin and lend it a creamy texture, add around 1 cup of hung yogurt to it.
- Once the mixture is ready, apply it to your neck and face.
You can store this cream in the refrigerator for around 1 week.
8. Homemade Glycerin Night Cream
Glycerin is a great ingredient for making a night cream because it moisturizes your skin and seals the hydration of the epidermal layer. Further, glycerin does not have a greasy texture. So, glycerin is great for oily skin.
How To Make Glycerin Night Cream?
You will need to take coconut oil and glycerin in a 1:1 ratio to make this night cream.
- Take one tablespoon of glycerin and one tablespoon of coconut oil to make the base mixture of the cream.
- You will need to melt the coconut oil first before mixing it with glycerin.
- Once the coconut oil and glycerin mix is ready, add around 8-10 drops of rose water into it. Rose water will further help to maintain the oil balance of the skin and it will impart a soothing effect.
Apply the cream to your face and neck. Massage the cream for around 5-10 minutes before going to bed. Repeat the same practice every day.
Our skin needs a daily dose of hydration and moisturization. If our skin is hydrated and moisturized, you will have a stronger outer layer for your skin.
With a bolstered external layer, our skin becomes less prone to damage by external aggressors. Further, many ingredients in night creams fight free radicals to prevent signs of aging.
On the other hand, a night cream with natural ingredients can boost the collagen production of your skin.
So, try making any of the homemade night creams I have shared here to enjoy multiple skin benefits. Keep your skin hydrated and flaunt a glowing skin!