Did You Have These Cool Harry Potter Costume Ideas In 2023?
Hey folks, let’s visit Hogwarts this season. You guessed it right. It’s time for the best Harry Potter costume ideas for the upcoming party season.
We have Halloween and Easter lined up. Why not make the most of these festivals with fun dressing inspired by our favorite fantasy character?
Are you ready to dig out the most creative ideas? Let’s begin.
5 Best Harry Potter Costume Ideas This Season
The Harry Potter series is weaved with endless characters. Also, the costumes of these characters have a great role to play in making them memorable.
While there is no dearth of ideas, it’s important to consider the ones easy to try. So, here we go.
1. Dress Like Harry Potter
Caption: Harry Potter Costume
Harry Potter costume is not just popular for kids’ parties or Halloween parties. I know the craze for adult Harry Potter costume for cosplay.
Nevertheless, let us keep it basic. Here is your step-by-step guide on how to dress like Harry Potter.
- Put on black slacks and a white collared shirt.
- If it’s chilly out there, try a burgundy or red cardigan.
- Layer your outfit with a black robe for the perfect Hogwarts vibe.
- Next, wear a pointed black cap to complete your ensemble.
Accessories are crucial to create the perfect Harry Potter look. So, don’t forget the red and golden scarf and tie. Also, pick round spectacles, a magic wand, and a broomstick for the finishing touch.
2. Dress Like Professor Albus Dumbledore
Professor Dumbledore Costume
Sadly, we have just lost Michael Gambon, the actor who immortalized Dumbledore on screen. However, the elaborate costume of this major Harry Potter character can be your inspiration for a Harry Potter Halloween costume.
Dumbledore always flaunts a Hippe or Bohemian style of dressing. So, the long robe grabs the most attention whenever you see him.
- To emulate his look, you can wear a long robe over a pair of trousers. The robe should be floor length, making the trousers invisible.
- Layer the robe with a long jacket and pick a pair of “half-moon” spectacles. You will easily find these spectacles online or in a fancy-dress store.
- Dumbledore is carefree as his house shoes perfectly gel with his vibe. Don’t forget to put on a pair before you step out.
- Other accessories you need to dress like Dumbledore are a fake beard, a long hair wig, a magic wand, and a few rings.
Don’t forget that attitude is the best accessory Dumbledore wears. So, try to match the spirit. Otherwise, the elements will fall flat.
3. Dress Up Like Lord Voldemort
You cannot leave Lord Voldemort behind if it’s about the Halloween costume ideas.
Also, you will find that Lord Voldemort is the most popular character when people try to create a Harry Potter do it yourself costume. The eeriness of this character is unmatched.
Apologies for getting carried away, as it always happens when there is a “Harry Potter” discussion. Also, there are always speculations about the character of Lord Voldemort.
However, let’s focus on how you can create the perfect Voldemort look.
- Grab a latex mask for your face if you want to follow the quickest method. Otherwise, there are endless YouTube videos to refer to and nail the Voldemort makeup.
- Next, gel your hair properly and cover it with a bald cap. You don’t have to be a pro to try this trick. You can always wear a hoody to hide the streaks visible beneath your bald cap.
- Wear fake fingernails and paint your hands in white for the finishing touch.
- Further, in clothes, you will need a long black robe and a pair of black drawstring pants.
Voldemort does not wear shoes. However, you will need a pair of black boots or sneakers before you step out. Also, don’t forget the wand.
4. Dress Like Dobby The Elf
Do you want to dress like Dobby? I have the easiest idea for you.
The Dobby costume looks the best on children. However, there is no need to succumb to adulting. So, you can always try the look.
- Wear a simple white dress of knee-length or floor-length. The dress has to be sleeveless and in white or something in beige/similar to the texture of jute.
- If you are a woman/girl, you can wear a white bodycon dress and use a long white scarf to create something similar to Dobbie’s outfit.
- Now, pick a headgear with long ears.
- Finish your look with a pair of slip-on shoes.
I have also seen people donning the Dobby masks. So, check out if you can get one for you.
5. Dress Like Hermione Granger
All of us wanted to be like Hermione Granger as we grew up. Didn’t we?
I agree it is not the easiest Harry Potter costume to try. But you can definitely follow a step-by-step trick to nail your look.
So, how do you wear the perfect Hermione Granger costume? Let’s start copying her wardrobe.
- First, you will need a pleated skirt and a white collared shirt.
- Layer the shirt with a V-neck sweater of a darker shade.
- Also, wear the wizard robe and black cloak to perfect your look.
In footwear, go for the classic Mary Jane shoes.
If you want to copy Hermione Granger when she dresses like a muggle, you will need chino pants, sneakers, jackets, knits, and cargo pants.
Do you want to have the perfect Hermione Granger hair? Don’t worry; you can enhance your curls to emulate her look.
Also, I have seen many digital art having Hermione dressed as a princess with her fantasy crown. You can be creative and take inspiration from anywhere to perfect the look.
If I talk about Harry Potter costumes, it’s always difficult for me to pick the best 5 or the top 10. Along with the characters I have mentioned, you can also copy the look of Rubeus Hagrid, Professor Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, and Peter Pettigrew.
Use your creativity to recycle your clothes and copy the wardrobe of these iconic characters. For accessories, you can always search the online stores, especially the specialized ones for fancy dresses.
Do you have a favorite Harry Potter character to copy for your next party look? Don’t forget to share.