10 Best Primer For Dry Skin In 2021
A primer is a base that smoothens your makeup and makes it long-lasting. To be more precise, it develops a boundary between your makeup and face, thereby giving you a fresh and flawless effect.
Continue reading to pick out the best primer for dry skin that suits you most. The guide has brought a wide range of primers, including pros and cons for each.
Table Of Content
- 1 Why Is Primer Important For Every Makeup-Lover?
- 2 10 Best Primers For Dry Skin In 2021
- 2.1 1. e.l.f Hydrating Face Primer
- 2.2 2. Smashbox Photo-Finish Foundation Primer
- 2.3 3. Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Instant Retouch Primer
- 2.4 4. Clinique Super primer Universal Face Primer
- 2.5 5. BareMinerals Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer
- 2.6 6. NYX Hydra Touch Primer
- 2.7 7. Dermalogica Hydrabuler Primer
- 2.8 8. Too Faced Hangover Primer
- 2.9 9. Becca First Light Priming Filter
- 2.10 10. Flower Beauty Hydrating Primer
Why Is Primer Important For Every Makeup-Lover?
Everyone on the planet is not blessed with the perfect skin type. Just like oily skin, dry skin is also too much challenging when it comes to the application of makeup products.
So what should dry skin people do? Should they quit doing makeup? No, not. We have brought a compact list of top 10 primers for dry skin persons that work wonders.
This is where you can sense the importance of primer. A good coverage primer makes your makeup eye-catching amidst a crowd by hiding all imperfections.
10 Best Primers For Dry Skin In 2021
Let us scrutinize the most exemplary primers in the market for dry skin one by one highlighting its merits and demerits.
1. e.l.f Hydrating Face Primer
e.l.f’s hydrating primer is one of the most popular drugstore primers. It is specifically formulated for dry skin. Rich in grape extract and Vitamins A, C, and E boosts complexion alongside hydrating the skin.
After applying his primer before makeup, you will get a flawless and smooth skin texture. This would hold your makeup in place for a longer duration.
- The best primer for dry skin
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- It is an all square product. There is no disadvantage.
2. Smashbox Photo-Finish Foundation Primer
It is a clear gel that softens your skin readily and hides blemishes. Moreover, the formula is enriched with Vitamins A, E, and antioxidant minerals to safeguard your skin from external damage.
- Hydraulic formula
- The best primer for dry skin and sensitive skin
- Enters into the pores
- The product is considerably expensive
3. Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Instant Retouch Primer
Do you know the secret behind Rihanna’s flickering face? – It’s the Fenty Beauty Primer. Its pore-diffusing properties make it occupy the list of best primer for dry skin.
However, the primer is oil-free and offers instant lightweight coverage. The glow that it gives after a single use is fabulous for clicking selfies.
- Cent-percent cruelty-free
- Sustainable on skin
- Costly enough for middle-class consumers
4. Clinique Super primer Universal Face Primer
This primer is your best friend if you have dehydrated, flaky skin. Dry skins are prone to breakouts, acne, sensitivity, and fine lines. Clinique’s super nourishing formula profoundly soothes the skin leaving it glowing, perfect, and polished. All these properties make it is the best primer for dry skin.
- No such disadvantages exist for this product
5. BareMinerals Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer
The bareMinerals primer is designed especially for dry skin. Its silky, smooth, and rich texture ensures long-standing miniaturization. It smoothens out flaky, dry skin within 2-3 minutes of its application.
What makes it best? – Its exclusive formula of coconut alkanes, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin. In addition, an incredible amalgamation of essential minerals gives your skin a pearly radiance. Lastly, its skin-calming properties make it the best primer for dry skin in the market.
- Eliminates dry spots
- Deep hydration and nourishment
- Adds a soft glow
- It is a little expensive for college goers or young makeup artists.
6. NYX Hydra Touch Primer
If you are looking for a quick-absorbing a light-weight primer to soothe your dry patches, then this is the ultimate choice. This multi-functional primer gives a glowing, photo-finish skin to flaunt your highlighted cheekbones.
Additionally, its ingredient list mentions several skin-friendly components, making it a good choice among makeup enthusiasts. You can brighten up your complexion effortlessly with this primer and add sparkles to your dry, dull skin.
- Adds a glow
- Subtle scent
- Some customers find it high-priced
7. Dermalogica Hydrabuler Primer
To defeat large pores and dry skin as fast as possible, get your hands on none other than Dermalogica Hydrabuler Primer. It gives a translucent finish on the face that makes your makeup last longer than usual.
- It gives a smooth, silky feel
- Provides neutral coverage
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- It is overpriced
8. Too Faced Hangover Primer
Are you desperately in search of a healthy finish and moisturization at the same time? Too Faced’s Hangover Primer can give you everything you want, provided that you are applying it rightly before makeup. It is the best primer for dry skin in the international market.
The formula is saturated with probiotics, skin revivers, and coconut water that works collaboratively to augment luminosity. In addition, it tightens skin by promoting elasticity.
- The pump packaging keeps it away from contamination
- It feels light on the skin
- It is not much effective for large pores.
9. Becca First Light Priming Filter
Imagine a primer that moisturizes your skin and reduces imperfections together. Becca is one such exclusive product and considered to be the best primer for dry skin. The hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E adds extra hydration to the skin and prepares it before makeup.
- Smoothens the skin quality
- Prevents acne
- Easily absorbable
- It gives a dewy finish
- The lasting time is not so long, unlike others.
10. Flower Beauty Hydrating Primer
Flower beauty primer preps your skin while conditioning your face. It makes sure that your skin is supple enough to bear the weight of makeup products. It is quickly absorbable in the skin that maintains pH balance throughout the day.
- Hides imperfections
- Applicable on sensitive skin
- No cons are there. As a result, it is the best primer for dry skin.
The Final Thoughts
To conclude, primer is a mandatory constituent of your makeup regime. So whether it is an office meeting or a happy ceremony, do not forget to prep your face with primer.
All the primers above are considered based on their reviews and ratings on various retail websites. So glow like a diva and vaunt your beauty with a natural touch.